Personal Accident Insurance Scheme for SHGs :
The State Govt. has undertaken an initiative -- "Samajsathi"a Personal Accident Insurance Scheme for SHG members of the State. The task in this regard has been entrusted to the SHG & SE Department as the Nodal Department and WBSCL as the Implementing Agency. The Department entrustedtwo Insurance companies namely National Insurance Company Ltd. & Cholamondalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd. to provide accidental insurance benefit to the SHG members.
The Finance Department, Govt. of West Bengal has made a budgetary provision of Rs. 87.50 Crore to the Department of SHG & SE for implementation of the said Scheme to cater to 50 lakh SHG members of the State.
- Target Group – SHG Members
- Age limit – 18-60 years
- Rs.1 lakh for accidental death & permanent total disablement.
- Rs.75,000/- (maximum) for partial permanent disablement.
- Rs.40,000/- (maximum) forhospitalization for accidental medical treatment.
- Rs.5,000/- (maximum) on accidental outdoor medical treatment (Day Care).
- Rs.2500/- for funeral expenses for accidental death over & above of the Principal Amount.
SELF HELP GROUP AND SELF EMPLOYMENT
Officer & Staff Name with Designation:
Prolay Sankar Roy, Supervisor, SHG&SE